The EOLv2 beta is over.
A big thank you to everyone who participated in the beta test and a very big thank you to those of you who completed the beta survey. You Know Who You Are.
The numbers suggest the 159 people who tried out the beta site took their time to explore it quite thoroughly - on average you visited 18 pages per visit and spent more than 12 minutes per visit. Nice. And the quality of your direct feedback proves that you paid attention. Even nicer.
We’re working our way through your responses - which has resulted in a very robust punch-list that we’re looking to complete prior to launch.
A few of the high-level issues we’re working on:
1. Make the classification box on the taxon page overview tab more useful (some would say “understandable”)
2. Improve the virtual collections workflow.
3. Distinguish between your Watchlist and your Collections. More on that later.
4. Resolve duplication and sort issues with the various update feeds.
5. Localization issues, primarily making sure we have proofed sets of strings for our core supported languages.
6. Fine-tuning the mobile CSS.
Of course, there are a whole raft of interface refinements on the way, as well as some functionality that was not part of the beta. More on those soon.
If you have some specific feedback you’d like to make sure we’re addressing, drop me a note using the link at the top of the page.